Monday 15 December 2014

Connecting Essay

This is an image that I have taken and then used photoshop to add soft focus. I think this is effective because it covers up all of the imperfections, on my image I have left the opacity quite high so her face contrasts very strongly with her eyes and lips. Her skin looks very airbrushed and I think this is good because it makes her skin look clear and without imperfections. Her eyes and lips stand out very well because they are the only things in the image which are not blurred. I think this image is very effective because the background is very dark which means that you cannot see how this is blurred. 
This is a soft focus image that I found on the internet, this would have been produced on photoshop to cover up the imperfections of the women's face. The blur on this image is very weak which means the features do not stand out very well however there is a slight blur. The fact that the women's eyes are naturally very dark from her make-up also makes this image look very effective. This image was taken against a black background however there is a light area on the background near the women which makes her stand out and her skin appear very vibrant.

These two images are very similar because they are both showing soft focus and they are both also photographed against a black background, the difference between the backgrounds is that I have kept my image very dark however in the internet image it is slightly lighter with a more grey tone directly behind the model. The soft focus in my image is also much stronger than in the internet image as this is a very weak soft focus. In my image Ellie also has a very serious expression and seems slightly sincere however in the internet image the model appears to be pulling a pose and also smiling. The model in the  internet image also has blonde hair and in my opinion this makes her skin look a very bright colour as it of a similar tone however Ellie's hair contrasts with her skin because it is dark. 


No comments:

Post a Comment