Thursday 11 December 2014

Connecting Essay

This is my photo joiner image, to produce this I took lots of close-up, detailed images and then used a blank canvas on photoshop to overlap and merge the images. I like this image because it is slightly similar to his face as most of the images line up quite well however it does not fit together perfectly. I think this image looks very good as a photo joiner as although his face is very similar and almost fits together, the bricks in the background do not match up and I think this looks better. I have taken all of these image front on however if I was to produce this again I would maybe take some different images from different angles to vary it a little. The formal elements which are in this image are line because of the bricks in the background and also pattern as the bricks make up a pattern. 
This is David Hockney's  photo joiner of a face, he has produced this in the same method I used to complete mine. I like this image because he has used multiple viewpoints and constructed the image using the varied viewpoints. I think the use of the different viewpoints and angles is effective because it helps us imagine how the object would look as a 3D object. 

These two images are similar because they are both photojoiner's of people faces. Within both of these photos it includes the head and neck however in Hockney's image we can also see the woman's shoulders. I think it looks better with the shoulders because you can show all the different viewpoints in this image. These images are different because in my photo joiner I have taken all of the images from directly in front of him however David Hockney has has taken his from different angles and viewpoints. Hockney may also have taken these images from different distances from the model. 

No comments:

Post a Comment