Monday 1 December 2014

Work Diary

During this lesson we photographed studio contrast again, I found this slightly easier than last time as we photographed in a particular order which meant I knew which images were my own this time and we also had a better understanding on how we could show studio contrast. I felt like my ideas this time were much better than my ideas in the last shoot and I am much happier with the images. From this session however I do not have too many images as we ran out of time in the studio.

This is one of my studio contrast images, this image shows contrast because George (left) appears to be happy and Josh (right) appears to be sad. I like this image because I think the composition is good as there is very little wasted space and I also like the meaning under the contrast. To improve this image I could have used a different backdrop as Josh is wearing all black so it is difficult to see his clothes. 
This is another of my studio contrast images, this shows contrast because not only are they different sex's but Ellie is facing forward and George is facing backwards so they are looking in different directions, I like this image because all the tones within the image are very similar for example George and Ellie are both wearing Greys and Blacks, their hairs are both dark and the back drop is also black. 

Progress

I will need to photograph studio contrast again due to the fact that I have no straight images from the first time we photographed studio contrast however before I do this I would like to write a list of ways I can show contrast whilst in the studio as I find that once I am in the studio I have forgotten all of my ideas. I will also hope to have longer in the studio as I feel that I do not end up with a wide enough variety of images as I would like to use a few different coloured backdrops however this does not always happen as very often we run out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment