Monday 8 December 2014

Connecting Essay

 
This is an image of a drain cover which I found on the internet, this image shows texture very well because we can see exactly how this drain cover would feel. This image is not very good because it was taken directly above the drain so we cannot see the depth within the image. This also isn't very good because the image is not very good quality as there is no variation in the colour. If this image was taken at a different angle it may improve the image because we would see shadows and a variety of colours slightly better. I think this image would also be much better if it was slightly closer up as this is very zoomed out. The entire composition is full in this image because the whole composition is taken up by the drain however as this was taken quite far away, the shapes are too small and this makes the composition less effective. 

This is my own image of a drain cover, I took this whilst looking at texture and think this portrays texture very well because I have taken this so that you can see the depth of the raised areas. This also shows texture because we can see the shadows on the different shapes. I like this image because I have taken it from an unusual angle and I have also taken this very close up which makes the image look better. I also think this picture is very effective because it is blurred in some areas however clear in others. I like how in this image the composition is full and this makes the picture more effective. 

These images are slightly similar because they are both taken of the same object however there are some differences between the two images. The internet image was taken from directly above the drain however I took my image from a low angle and in my opinion my photo is slightly better as it shows texture easier due to being able to see all of the shadows and also the difference between the colours. My image was also taken much closer to the drain and this means that my image has more depth because the shapes re bigger within the image. These are also similar however because in both of the images the whole composition is full. 

No comments:

Post a Comment