Monday 17 November 2014

Connecting Essay

This is an image of a wooden bench that I have collected off of the internet. This image is good because it is a very close-up image and this means that we can see the grain of the wood very clearly. In my opinion this image shows texture because very well, I think this because we can see all the small markings and engravings in the wood and this makes us imagine how it would feel. This image could also shoe depth because as the bench gets further away from the camera we can see that it gets smaller. I think this image would be very easy to replicate because it is quite simple however not too simple as it includes all the detail of the texture of the wood. I like this as an image because although it only includes one object, being the wood, the entire composition is full and there is no wasted space. There is a strong use of line within this image, for example all of the marking in the wood are made of small lines and this creates the majority of the photo, tone is also used in this to show the texture.
This is an image I have taken of myself, this image is a very close-up image of a bench and I have taken this to show texture. Although whilst taking this image I was focusing on texture this image also shows depth. I like this image because at the bottom and the top of the image it is slightly blurred however towards the middle it is very clear and we can see all the detail. I think this Is effective because we generally focus on the centre of a photo and in this photo it is very clear however I like how it is blurred at the top and bottom because it shows how the bench is very close to the camera at the bottom and at the top it is slightly too far. I also like this image because I have used the macro setting and this has made the small detail within the wood stand out. The most important formal element within this image would be like because all of the groves are shown by lines and this has also shown us the texture of the wood.

These two images are very similar because they are both very close-up images of a wooden bench, to produce this photo I have used the macro setting on my camera and also assume that the photographer of the internet image has also used the setting as I feel that it would be very difficult to get such detail using a different setting. Both of these images show texture very well due to the strong use of line within them both and this is very effective because it makes the image detailed. These images both also show depth as we can see that the object is getting further away from the camera due to it getting smaller towards the top of the image, this is very effective because it makes it easier to see that this image is long and narrow. The composition of these images is also very similar because the bench fills the entire image and there is very little wasted space.

No comments:

Post a Comment