Monday 17 November 2014

Work diary

Thursday 13th November
During this lesson we went on our second walk, the purpose of this walk was to get more images of what we missed on the previous walk, therefore I knew I should focus on a sense of journey and back of heads because during the first walk I focused on autumn colours. This walk did not go very well because my battery on my camera was too low which meant using a college camera and then once we were on the walk, the battery on the college camera was low. Therefore I did not take as many photographs as I maybe could have with a camera with full battery. I also still stubbled to photograph a sense of journey therefore there was still a very limited about of journey images however I was able to take a wide range of back of head shots this time. 

This is one of my sense of journey images, I liked this image because it showed a sense of journey in more than one way. Not only is there a road with cars driving but there is also a slight bit of path to show where someone could be walking but there is also the bench where someone of a journey could take a seat. To improve this image I could have included more of the path in so it was clearer that this also showed journey and I also would have preferred to have taken this image on a sunny day as I feel it looks very dull and miserable. 
This is one of my back of head shots, i like this back of headshot because the background of the image is very pretty however also quite simple. I also think the colours of the image all go together very well for example Ellie is wearing a green jumper and a brown scarf which are both colours we could associate with nature. To improve this image I will need to crop it because it is slightly too zoomed out and we can see too much of Ellie's body. 

Progress
To improve this walk I would go out around the same area and photograph again however I would like to do so on a sunny day as I think the images come out better when it is sunny. I also would make sure my camera had full battery so I could take a lot more images and even try to photograph the close-up leaf images that I had taken last time however making sure they are not blurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment