Monday 17 November 2014

Work Diary

Monday 10th November
During this lesson we were photographing location contrast. At first I was unsure of what to photograph but once I understood this task was much easier. I found that there was quite a bit of location contrast around college and I feel that I have a variety of different location contrast images. I used all of the time available to photograph this topic as I felt there was such a range of things to show contrast.

This is one of my location contrast images, I like this image because I think it is very obvious that is it showing contrast as the two halves of the image are showing different textured materials however they are a similar colour which emphasises the contrast of the textures. To improve this image I should have included more of the top material so the split was more central. I think I could have also tried photographing this image from a few different angles because it may have looked slightly better from a different angle. 

This is another of my location contrast images. I like this image because not only is there the contrast between the colours of the two objects but there is also the contrast between the patterns within them for example the left of the image is bricks and they are a variety of colours whereas the right is a lined patterned surface in black and white. I also like this because I think I have centred the contrast very well and think this looks very effective. 

Progress
If I was to go out and photograph location contrast again I would try and find some different areas as there may have been other, more interesting examples of contrast in other areas such as in town or around the areas of college. I also quite liked the images where I contrasted with clothing such as the leather sleeves and the different coloured shoes so I think it would be good to try and photograph more images like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment