Monday 17 November 2014

Connecting Essay

This is an image I have taken of some leaves in the grass. I took this image on one of our walks and it was taken to show autumn colours. I like this image because it is very colourful from the different coloured leaves and then the green grass. I also like the angle at which I took this photo, I took this from the ground so this image would be different from others. The formal elements which are very evident from this image are colour and form. Colour is very important within this image because we have the variety of shades of oranges and yellows from the leaves and there is also the green of the grass which contrasts slightly with the yellows. Form is shown by the shades on the leaves, this is very important because it makes something appear 3D and this helps us to understand the shape of the leaves. I think this image is very effective because it was taken on a sunny and that means that the colours of the leaves are very vibrant and in my opinion this is a very good representation of autumn colours.

This is an image I have collected off of the internet. This is an image taken from above of a pile of autumn leaves. The main formal element within this image is colour, this is because all of the leaves are slightly different shades of orange and browns. All of the colours are very similar and this makes the composition fit very well together. Line is also used in this image within the marks of the leaves, this is effective because again it uses similar colours and makes the leaves more detailed. I like this image because the entire composition is full and the image is very detailed. I also think this image works well to show autumn colours.



These images are very similar because they are both showing autumn colours by the use of the leaves fallen off of the trees. Both of the compositions are also full which makes the image more interesting as there is no wasted space. These images however are slightly different by the angle they were taken because the internet image was taken from above the leaves and my image was taken along the ground. I like both of these images because they are very colourful and effectively show autumn colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment