Monday 6 October 2014

Work diary

Wednesday 1st October
During this session we were tasked to take photographs of movement, this task was slightly difficult as at first I did not understand how to do this as the camera has autofocus so would not blur. We were then explained that to take an image of movement you must slow down the shutter speed so the thing moving goes blurry. Figuring out how to change the shutter speed was also difficult as Paul knew how to change it on the college cameras however I did not know on mine. Once I had looked at the manual and figured out how to change it I found this task very easy. I often used people on a moving object to take my photos because I found these made the best images however towards the end of our time my camera ran out of battery so I do to have as many photos as I could have had.

This is one of my movement images. I like this image because i took photos of Josh's whilst he was walking and it has blurred and this shows movement effectively. I also think the white shoes make the movement look better because they have blurred very well and so has the white on his trousers. To improve this image I would like to crop the image so it is just his legs and not his jumper and also change the levels and curves.
This is another of my movement photos, I like this because her arms are so blurred they are barely visible and you can also see her scarf where she jumped. I think this image represents image very well and i would like to crop this photo and change the levels and curves to improve it. 

Progression
If I was to re-do this lesson I would like to take more images and also take more of a variety of different movement actions as I feel lots of my images are doing the same action. I would also make sure my camera was fully charged so i could take photos for the full time given to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment