Monday 20 October 2014

Work Diary

Wednesday 20th October
We were also tasked to take back of the head portraits at a location. These images involved taking a portrait of the back of someones head with an interesting background however trying to blur the background at the same time. I found this very difficult as it was difficult to blur the background using my camera unless I was very close to the persons head. I also found that I was focusing too much on blurring the background and so many of my photos have objects in them which should not have been included in the photo for example pipes and wires.

This is one of my location back of the head portraits. This image is an example of one of the images where I focused on blurring the background and included a pipe which would look better if it as not included. If I wanted to include this photo in my straight images I would need to crop the pipe out. This is also an example of how i needed to zoom in very close to the back of the persons head to blur the background as we can only see the top half of the persons head not from their shoulders upwards.

This is another of my photos from this lesson, I feel that this is slightly better than the image above however in the image, the white line is not straight so I would have to straighten the image so this was vertical and i would also need to crop the left hand side as someones shadow is in the way. 

Progress
If I was to repeat this lesson I would make sure I was looking deeper at the backgrounds of my pictures and try not to include unwanted objects and I would also try and find some more interesting locations as some of the areas we used were very similar. I would also like to have a longer time whilst photographing this as I found it sometimes took a few attempts at the same photograph to get the image how I intend for it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment