Friday 10 October 2014

Work Diary

During this session we had to take photos of texture. This was slightly difficult because to take images of texture you need the sun to be out so you have a shadow to show the texture of the object. I found texture a very difficult formal element to photograph because many of the photographs for texture come under other elements, for example some of my texture photos were similar to my line or pattern. During the session the sun went behind the clouds which made it very difficult to take photos so had that not happened I may have been able to take more images and they would have been much better. In my opinion none of my texture photos show texture too well.

This is one of my texture images, although I do not like many of my texture images I feel this is my favourite image and it shows texture the most effectively. I think this image shows texture because you can see that the small areas are raised off of the surface due to the shadows. To improve this image I would like to change the levels and curves.

This is another of my texture images. I like this image because I think there are a few different textures within the image, for example there is the sharpness of the small stones and then there is the roughness of the concrete and finally there is the soft, cushion type texture of the moss. Texture within this could be shown better if there were more shadows however I think that this is close enough that you can also see the texture. To improve this I would maybe retake the image when the sun is out so there is a shadow.

Progression
To improve my photos I would like to go out on a sunnier day and focus on objects in the sunlight as I think these will show texture better and I would also change the levels and curves of all my images to make them look slightly better. I find that my macro shots are often very effective at showing texture, for example the image of the drain because you can see the the different shapes of the object so I would like to take some more images similar to this. I also think my low angled images of the floor are very effective because you can see how something is raised off of the ground and this helps us imagine the texture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment