Thursday 16 October 2014

Work Diary

Thursday 16th October
Today we were tasked to photograph shape, originally I was a little confused as to what defines shape however once it was explained to me I realised that everything fit under the topic of shape because everything has an outline. This meant there was a wide range of images I could take. I liked the task however I am not very happy with my images as i used the college camera and feel that these are not quite as good quality as my own camera.

This is one of my shape images. I like this image because the leaf has a very nice shape and the contrast between the shape of the leaf and the white background I placed it on is very effective. I do not like this image however because I feel that this image is very dark and needs a lot of editing and if I had taken it with my own camera then it would be much better quality. 

This is another of my shape images. I also think this represents shape very well because there is the heart image and there is also the triangles. There is a range of shapes in this image. To improve this image I need to change the levels and curves as this image is also very dark. I could also crop out the corner as there is a very dirty area. 

Progress
If I was to go out and shoot shape again I would use my own camera because I feel that my camera produces much better quality images. I would also check the settings on the camera as all of my shape photographs were very dark. I would also like to try and take more images similar to my leaf image as I think this represents shape very well because there is nothing in the background. Finally I think it would be very effective if I explored some new areas so I am not using repeated areas in my photographs meaning that it may be difficult to decide which formal element the photograph is showing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment