Monday 20 October 2014

Work Diary

Monday 20th October
Today we were tasked to take portrait photos in the studio. I liked this task as I would like to start using to studio more and get more familiar with the equipment. We photographed the back of peoples heads rather than they're faces however as we wanted to focus more on the composition in general than the faces and facial expressions. I found this task reasonably easy and also enjoyed working in the studio however found we had very little time to take photos of all of the models with a variety of backgrounds.
This is one of my back of the head studio portraits, I like this image because it is slightly interesting how he is to the left instead of directly in the middle and I also like how he is facing straight forward so his head is at a straight angle. To improve this picture I need to change the levels and curves and also use the clone tool to cover up the dark spots on the backdrop.

This is another of my studio portraits. I like the image because similarly to my image above, the head is to the left of the picture and this one is also slightly closer and more zoomed in however I would need to retake this image as it is blurry. 

Progress
If I was to have more time in the studio I would try and take more images with a variety of background colours as the majority of my backgrounds are white. I would also experiment with my shot angles as it may make the composition more interesting and next time I would also maybe take two photos of each position as one may be blurry so I can use the other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment