Tuesday 30 September 2014

Pete Turner

Pete Turner is an American photographer born May 30th 1934 in Albany, New York. He is a famous photograoher most commonly known for his work on colour. Hiw work focuses on bright, bold, contrasting colours, especially the three primary colours. I think his work is the most representative for colour because within all his images there are very limited amounts of dull colours, for example his images include lots of reds, blues and yellows but very little black, white or grey. Also it is very clear within his work that colour is the main focal point of the image. 


This image shows a bubble with a dark background. The bubble also contains lots of different colours due to the reflection within the bubble. The strips of colour at the bottom of the image are also very colourful and show colour very well. If someone was to look at these images, they would most likely know that this photo is representing colour.

This image shows a bubble with a dark background. The bubble also contains lots of different colours due to the reflection within the bubble. The strips of colour at the bottom of the image are also very colourful and show colour very well. If someone was to look at these images, they would most likely know that this photo is representing colour.


This photo shows a black silhouette of a giraffe with a red sky background and a purple ground, this is effective as it id very different to some of Turners other images as usually his photos show a colourful object with a dark background whereas this is the opposite where the focal point of the image is the darker area. This photo is representative of colour because there are very latge amounts of colour and these colours are all very bold.

This photograph shows a row of books which are all coloured, they are allined in a rainbow order and this makes the composition fit together. This background of this image is also blue adding to the colour theme. The fact that the only hints of black are thebsmall shadows on each book and the only hints of white are the small edges of the cover which is visible. In my opinion this is the most representative image of Turners for colour

Influence
Pete Turner's work has influenced me because I like his style of photography, I find it very unusual how he can make the colour within his images so vivid and eye-catching however I think it looks very effective. After looking into his work a little more it has influenced me more as I find all of his images very interesting and eye-catching. The image below is one of my images and I have edited this image to make it similar to Pete Turners photography, I have done this because I like Turners work and I think that his style is very effective and it has influenced me to explore editing my photos more to his style.

Summary
I like Pete Turners work very much because I love how he can effectively use colour within his images. I also like how he uses quite unusual things to photograph, for example the giraffe against the sunset or the book pages. Another element of his work that I find very interesting is how he contrasts the bright strong colours with darker colours, for example the image of the lips, the persons skin is very dark. The only improvement to Pete Turners work in my opinion would be to take a more images as I found that he did not have very many images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment