Tuesday 30 September 2014

Work Diary

Monday 29th September
During this session we were tasked to shoot tone, the easiest way to do this is to shoot in black and white. Originally I found this difficult because I did not know how to set my camera to shoot black and white. I googled how to set my camera to shoot black and white and once I knew how to do this is became much easier. I liked this task because in my opinion any pictures look professional in black and white. I took a very wide range of photos during this session of a variety of different things, both natural and man-made. I am aware that some images may be blurry and not show tone as well as others however I have such a large range that I have may others to choose from.

This is one of my tone images, I think this image works very well because it shows tone within nature by showing all the different shades of the plant. I also like how the plant in the front are focused however the plant in the background is blurred and out of focus. To improve this image I will change the levels and curves.

This is another of my tone images however this image shows tone within something man-made. I like this images because the Black and white shows the different tones within the wool and I think this looks very effective. Again I would need to edit the levels and curves however I also think it would be better if I went out and shot this photo again however shot it straight on so the image was straight. 

Progression
To improve my images from this session I would change all the levels and curves and also straighten some images as they are slightly tilted. I could also go out and take some more photos of man-made objects as I do not have many of these and think some things would be very good to show tone. Finally I would also like to take some images of people or figures as I think these would show tone very well as people all have different skin tones, I was not able to do this during the session as none was willing to let me photograph them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment