Friday 19 September 2014

Work Diary

This is our third session and today we had to take photos of pattern. I found this task slightly harder as I found that within the college grounds there were not many things that would obviously look like a pattern. I also struggled with this because many of the things I felt would fit into the pattern theme also fit into the lines theme and may become difficult to differ between the two. I did not get very images of pattern however I feel that the ones I did take photographs of very a good quality.


This is one of my pattern images. this photo shows patterns within nature and I feel this is a very good representation because all of the leaves on this plant are very symmetrical and also very similar colours. I like this image because I think that it shows pattern very well and it also shows that pattern can be very obvious within nature. 


This is another pattern image however this one is pattern within something man made. This is a photo of a mosaic which is deliberately made to be a pattern however i felt that this would show pattern very clearly. I like this image because the colour and shapes are repeated very clearly. To improve this image I would crop the photo so that all the lines lined up to the edge of the photo and also crop out the line in the top right.

Progress
If I was to do this lesson again I would try and take more images because I do not have as many photos for this topic as I did for the previous two. I could also try going to some different locations as whilst photographing pattern I found that there were not very many examples of pattern around college whereas there might be some better examples in other areas and finally I could also look deeper at some things as they might show pattern however I had not previously noticed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment