Friday 19 September 2014

Work Diary

This was our second lesson, during this lesson our task was to take images of colour, I found this task very easy as there was a variety of colours within flowers and nature around the college and also people's clothing. Again I had my own camera with me which meant I could spend the entire time taking my own photos, this benefited me because I have a very wide range of images.


This is one of my colour images from the session, I think this image portrays colour very well because the majority of the image is taken up by the yellow cracked paint. Because I took this image very close up using the macro setting you can also see that within the cracks in the yellow paint there is some red paint. I think this makes the image look better because not only is this an image of a yellow surface but it also has hints of red within it. To improve this image I think I would retake the image and try to miss out some of the white areas where there is no paint and only include the yellow paint. 

This is my second colour image from the session, this image is good because it focuses purely on the blue surface. Again for this image I used the macro setting which has meant the camera has focused on the surface very well meaning you can see the grain on the wood and all the impurities which in the wood. I like this photo because it only shows one colour and I feel that someone would be able to tell the object of this photo was to show colour however to improve this I would airbush away some of the marks within the wood.

Progress 
If I was to do this lesson again I would explore more areas because I feel that areas such as a park would be very good for the colour theme as a park is very colourful. I could also have looked at some more unusual things showing colour because these may show colour much better. I feel as if my colour images are also very dark and the colours aren't as vibrant as they were so I would check the settings on my camera before going out to check that the settings are the best to capture the colour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment