Monday 15 September 2014

Work Diary

We had our first photography session and within this session our task was to photograph lines.
  I found this task reasonably easy as I felt there was a large range of things which would come under this title as everything is made out of lines, whether they're straight or curved, everything is made of lines. However I tried to stick to images which would very obviously be of lines so often used straight lines.  During this session we were sent out in pairs but I had my own camera which made the task easier as I could spend the whole time outside taking my own images, I found this was more productive as it meant I had a larger bank of photos than other students in the class.  


This is one of my line images, this image was taken from the side of a bin however I feel this is very clearly an image of lines. I like this image because its very close up, to emphasise that this is a photograph of lines and I feel it fits to the subject. Although this is very clearly an image showing line I think this could also be portrayed as a photograph showing colour. To improve this photo I would like to airbrush some of the marks on the bin to make this look cleaner and I would also crops this slightly. I could also have taken this fro a different angle which could change the shape of the lines slightly so they are less curved. 

This is my second lines photo, I like this because it is slightly more subtle that my previous image however I think you can still tell it is an image of lines. I think this image shows lines very clearly because there are different sections and they are all showing lines. To improve this I would straighten the photo and make the lines vertical instead of slightly slanted. I would also airbrush some of the imperfections, for example I would airbrush some of the red paint on the bricks and the black marks on the blue panels.  

Progress
If I was to do this lesson again I would try and explore more areas as some of my photos are very similar and I would also maybe take more images of the more subtle images of lines. I could have also taken several photos of the same thing as I found that some were maybe blurred or others were not set in the frame very well. I think I should also have looked deeper into what represents lines as all of my images are very similar and I may have found something very unique had I looked further. 

No comments:

Post a Comment