Monday 22 September 2014

Work diary

Monday 22nd September
During this session we were tasked to take photos shooing form, to show form you have to include shadows, shadings or tones. This was my least favourite of the formal elements as I found there weren't many was of finding images that show tones of shadings therefore the majority of my images are showing shadows to show form. I think this represents form well however I would have liked to have used some different techniques to show form. during this session we had plenty of time to take photographs therefore i have a very wide range of photos.





This was one of my form images. I like this image because you have the persons shadow and you also have the shadows and tones within his jeans and I think this makes the image show form in a different way to some of my other images. To improve this image I will adjust the levels and curves.

This is another one of my form images. I like this image because I feel that it shows form very well with the reflection of the sun on the light and also with the shadow of the light. To improve this image I would adjust the levels and curves and also use the ruler tool to straighten the image, I would straighten the image using the row of bricks at the base of the photo as i feel these look extremely tilted. 

Progression
If I was to do this session again I would try and find some better areas to take photos, for example I would like to find some fruit in trees as I feel that they would show form very well and I would also take some images of faces or body parts as these use tones to show form. I do not like this formal element very much as i found it very difficult to think of examples. 

No comments:

Post a Comment